Sunday, April 11, 2010

Scarves!!


I am to design my own line of Scarves in the near future. Currently, I am learning the basics of stitching and what better person to learn it from then your own Mother. With this came the stories of when mom used to design and sew because she couldn't afford to buy clothes. She was explaining to me the importance of young women in the late 70s and early 80s knowing the art of stitching. Without any choice, mom used to sew dresses after dresses, vibrant skirts, and edgy blouses to keep up with the fashion trends.

I, on the other hand, have the luxury to purchase whatever outfit I please, at any store of choice and at any price (at least most of the time). Except I took upon me to learn this tedious, most intricate task of designing, stitching, even learning to use all the crazy tools (I HATE SEWING MACHINES!!) This is a challenge worthy enough to win and a skill worthy enough of gain. Let's just hope I manage to stitch something whether it’s wearable or not.

2 comments:

  1. Good JOB!

    Sewing is an arduous task but worth mastering.

    I like the way you wrote your post, history and ingenuous conversation.

    MUSEEBAT

    ReplyDelete